Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Soundtrack of Our Lives...

Abby: Mama? Mama? Mama???
Me: Yes, babe?
Abby: I'm a good tie-er, right? I can tie things real good. Because I'm big and strong. Because I eat food--food makes us big and strong. Dad is real strong, he has lots of muscles, and Uncle Rick has muscles. When I'm seven I'll be big, but I'm a big girl now. I can run real fast, I pass Doot-doot. But when I'm seven I'll be big and I'll run real faster. OH! I forgot to wash the garbage can. Can I wash the garbage can?
Me: sure.
Abby: 'Cause you have lots of homework {all housework is "homework"} to do. But I'm a good helper, I can help real good. We have a lot of homework to do, but I can help because I'm big and strong. Food makes us big and strong. Strong to do our homework, wash the garbage can and dust everything and wash the toilet. OH! I forgot to do my hair for church tonight. I'll get everything aaaaalllll ready. I'm going to get the brush (OH! Can I wear my dress with the roses and the ballerina slippers and the bows and the little dots? That will match real good.) I'll get the brush and the clips, but I don't want a pony tail, just clips and a headband. You can borrow my headband if you want to. Oh! Can I wear tights? Mama? Mama?
Me: Yes, you can wear tights.
Abby: Thank you Mama! That will match real good and my dancing shoes and my clips, and my headband, a pink one. And a purple one. Pink and purple are my favorite colors and I like red. Doot-doot likes blue. What's your favorite color, Mama? Oh! I know, you like green and Daddy likes green and orange and I like red...but pink and purple are my favorite colors. But I like red. Flora is red, 'cause she's my pet, right Mama? Fishes are pets, my pet is Flora, what kind of fish is Flora again, Mama?
Me: she's a beta fish.
Abby: Oh! a beta fish. That's what I told Miss Megan, that she's a red fish. Named Flora. She's my pet--I talked to Miss Megan, Mama! At my class. And I played play-doh and sang songs, remember, Mama? And painted and it was real messy, right Mama? But Miss Megan can clean it up if she wants to, right Mama? Miss Megan said I was big because I'm big and strong to pass Doot-doot. Food makes us big and strong. When I'm seven I'll be bigger and bigger, right Mama?

...the cheerful chatter goes on and on and on and on...

2 comments:

Karolyn said...

So-o funny! (until it gets annoying) Right Mommy? Mommy? Mom? Mom?! Mo-om! LOL Can't wait till she's 7

Unknown said...

So cute. I guess she's switched from Juicy Juice to Starbucks??