Friday, February 1, 2008

When the Windchill is -35...

home feels pretty good. As dark and cold as it is, I treasure the deep winter days--the closeness, coziness, and togetherness--reading stories, baking, coloring, or each just doing our own activities side by side. Here's a few little snippets of our home this week...where we spent ALL of our time, just enjoying "hominess".
(What's more homey than fresh bread?)


Abby's culinary masterpiece, dubbed by its creator "The Freako Sandwich":
I spent a short afternoon on this little dress:
The lighting is terrible in these pics, but she's just so, so cute...
We're both thrilled with how it came out--I think you'll be seeing more of this pattern...
Alex started adding the S sound into his words...he has a darling little lisp that I can't get enough of--especially Mickey "Mouth" and we "fluth" the toilet. He'll probably outgrow it soon, but for now, I'm getting my kicks by having him repeat "flush" and "Mickey Mouse" 30 times a day.
Work has slowed for Bj, he's spending a lot of time home. It's wonderful to have him around, even though my "schedule" is shot to heck with his presence. There is still a crew installing gutters, but Bj and Jon are spending their time working on the administrative side of the business--we're both grateful for the first winter in a long time that's he's not had to work on the icy roofs and ladders. We all feel so blessed with IGS's relative success and are so grateful for God's goodness.
I'm being summoned by little people, so off I go...

No comments: