Monday, August 11, 2008

Whew.

Well. Last week's un-busy, peaceful pace at home is but a distant memory after the weekend. It flew by in a whirlwind of friends, family, church, more friends and too many late nights and missed naps. This morning I have 2 crabby kids to show for it. This week is the annual "Campfire" at church, a sort of Vacation Bible School--the preschool class runs 9-11 each morning Mon-Wed. Of course we were late to the first class this morning, with the kids waking up late, then balking and arguing at each point of getting ready and getting out the door. I feel a serious need for slow-down this afternoon...naps all around!!

After Wednesday things should settle down again for a while...for a couple more weeks before we jump into fall schedule. I'll be teaching preschool Sunday School while Bj takes the teens, hosting a home group on Wednesday nights, and the kids will each be enrolled in a one day a week Early Childhood Education class here in our school district. I gave up playing keyboard on Sunday mornings as there seems to be a greater Sunday School teacher need, and doing both is unrealistic.

IGS is crazy busy. They purchased another truck and gutter machine and are looking for more installers, considering yet another truck/machine--they've been turning away new contractors, and falling behind quickly with the work load their current contractors are throwing at them. This makes for long work days and stressed out owners as contractors call daily wondering when their jobs will be completed. They're not anticipating the usual slow down in business when winter arrives this year. Over all, mostly good problems to have. (But I was looking forward to having a little help at home when Newbie arrives.)

Last week my friend Lisa lead worship at church with the song "A Little Longer" in the mix--since then the words have been swirling around my heart (and the Ipod over and over, lol) in the midst of the busy and daily life:

What can I do for You? What can I bring to You?
What kind of song would you like me to sing?
Cause I'll dance a dance for You
Pour out my love to You
What can I do for You beautiful king?

'Cause I... can't thank You enough.
I can't thank You enough
What can I do for You?
What can I bring to You?
What kind of song would you like me to sing?

I hear You say...
"You... don't have to do a thing
Just simply be with me and let those things go
'Cause they can wait another minute
Wait... this moment is too sweet
Would you please stay here with Me
And love on Me a little longer
I'd love to be with you a little longer
'Cause I'm in love with you

I find myself needing the daily reminder to "let those things go, cause they can wait another minute"...contractor phone calls and getting the kids to class and setting up homeschool and finding time to be with friends and planning for Sunday school...all of those things fade in importance next to the question "What can I do for YOU, beautiful King?"

So. There's the nitty gritty. I'll be back probably late in the week with more fun pictures and entertaining posts. I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend!!

No comments: