Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A is for...

Well, since I've hit a sort of "blogger's block", I'm issuing myself a little homework to get the ball going again. I'm going to take a cue from some of my favorite blogs and work through the alphabet, A to Z. I don't think I'm ambitious enough to commit to one a day, but I'll try to get close anyway.

Soooo...A!! Well, that's easy enough! A is for absolutely adorable Abby and Alex!! Sometimes antagonizing, sometimes aggravating, but also frequently angels!



A is for Ambition. Which I lack. Remember this vow to post pics of finished projects? Riiiiiight...well, I mostly finished one, does that count for anything? The throw blanket behind the kids in the above pics is mostly finished, I just need to stitch the binding down. That's the one put together from this birthday fabric. Then I moved on to new, short, fun projects...like these:


Scarves in August? Lol...I was just playing with scraps of fabric laying around from other projects, and came up with these--the back is really, really soft minky fabric. I've sold a few on Etsy, which was really fun.

Karen was with us for a week while Mom and Dad were in Michigan...we decided she needed something to carry her Gameboy and games in--we came up with this while the kids napped one afternoon:

...Hmmm, I see these pics aren't very good--it's cuter in real life...sorry.


Back pocket, just Gameboy sized:

Action shot:

Thanks Karen, that was fun! But...the stack of unfinished Abby dresses, Mommy skirts, quilts, pillows and curtains are still staring at me...

We're ready for winter...ready for business to slow down, ready to be snowed in with nothing to do but read, sew, play games and be together with nothing to do. Bj is always, always so tired--we had a lot of hail in the area last night, which means they'll probably get a bunch MORE business...as if they didn't have enough work.

But, we did get to have our Monday night date! We saw "Stardust"...fantastic! If you like fairy-tales and fantasy, check it out.

Haha...I just head Abby tell Alex, "Go away, I can't play, I'm in trouble." :) (She's refusing to nap this afternoon, but has to at least stay in bed for another 10 minutes.)

...so, stay out of trouble so you can play, and Be Back for B!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing And Adorable Adolescents...As Always. Also, An Attractive Attaché for Auntie :). Awesome!

Adios Amigo’s

We're Bj and Ruthie said...

Wow, I'm impressed by your A-bilities! :)