Monday, August 6, 2007

Finally, updates!

I can't believe it's August, where did the summer go? So...I apologize for getting so behind on blogging. I guess we just got busy. Bj is working, working, working...he and Jon have really been putting in tons of hours, often not getting home until around 8 p.m. (they head out at 6.), they worked every Saturday in July (and in August, so far, lol). They hired some help, who will start this week, so hopefully things will ease up a little. They're able to get done 2-3 jobs/day, and have been receiving 4-6 new jobs/day, falling behind quickly! I suppose it's all good for the company, but not so great for the family time-we miss him.

I started a little part-time job, caring for a very sweet 91 year old woman in her home. It's a wonderful job, easy work and the hours work very well for us. She's a joy to care for, and her home is on a lovely beach right on the lake--the views make the time I spend there even more enjoyable. I have lots of time to read or work on my crochet skills or hand-stitch applique while I'm there.

Grandpa Rob's visit was wonderful--we didn't get to do much fun stuff all together because of the demands of IGS, but he got to spend a lot of time with the kids, and I really enjoyed having another adult around during the day! Thank you for coming, Rob--next time maybe you'll have a ceiling and something besides a cement floor! I'm really bummed that I didn't get any pictures of Grandpa with his grandkids--but here's a few from fun stuff we did while he was here! We didn't make it to the zoo or MOA though, darn it.


BUT, we did make it up to Clemens and Munsinger Gardens in St. Cloud...we played at the park where they had this very cool fire truck:

And Grandpa took us to Chuck E. Cheese! Woot woo!




Don't you love the outfit Abby's wearing? Mimi sent up lots of adorable outfits with coordinating purses and hairclips--Abby was in heaven! She also sent several stylin' outfits for Alex--thanks Mimi! They're fantastic, each one! Thank you for coming, Rob--we enjoyed having you so much. I hope you come again when Bj is able to take more time off--our life is more fun with him around, I promise! :)


It's been blistering hot around here! The kids and I set up the pool--they've been loving it! They'll play out there for an hour and a half, easily--more if I give them popsicles! :)



Note the strategic picture angles? Alex likes to skinny dip.


Oh! Bj didn't work EVERY Saturday in July--one we spent together, just he and I!! Last spring I was able to snag a couple tickets to a St. Paul Saints game for a Friday in July...Lish helped me get them and a hotel room (!!!) so Bj wouldn't see charges on the bank statement. AND she volunteered to spend the night with the kids! I was able to keep the lid on it until the day before, so Bj was pleasantly surprised, and we had a BLAST. The Saints are tons of fun to watch, and we slept from 11 p.m. until 8:30 a.m., uninterrupted, and without anyone else climbing in with us! Devine. Then we had a late breakfast at The Original Pancake House, my new favorite restaurant. Yum, yum, yum. Thanks, Lish for all your help!

Whew. There. Consider yourself updated! I think that covers it. Grandpa Harold's memorial service on Saturday was very nice...small, mostly just the family, but it was good. Mom and Dad have gone out to Michigan to hold a memorial for the rest of the family out there, and to leave Grandma and Grandpa's ashes. Karen is staying with us while they're gone, and I'm already appreciating her help with the kids and the company during the day!

Enjoy your week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure why we didn't take more pictures either. I took two cameras with me, one stayed in the suitcase and I only have about six pictures on the other. I guess we were just having too much fun.

Even though I don't have pictures, my memories of "the road trip to see the kids/grandkids" will last a lifetime. I had a blast!!!!!

You went out of your way to make my stay a comfortable one; Thank you for everything.