Thursday, August 2, 2007

Goodness

I'm sure you've all seen the news...it's so hard to watch, but even harder to look away. I was so grateful to have Bj sitting next to me as the news of the bridge collapse broke...every day he criss-crosses the cities going from job to job and supplier to contractor, crossing the I-35 bridge a couple times a week. Had he not been home from work yet, I'm certain my alarm would have been immeasurable! Catastrophes like this are always a reminder of how our lives truly are "a vapor in the wind". I can't imagine the pain and difficulty of not knowing the whereabouts of family members, of being able to do nothing but wait--I'm so thankful to have my family safe and sound and intact.

I apologize for not coming to you with happy news and the fun pics I promised, but this is life.

Last night my Grandpa Harold passed away, peacefully. He lived a long 95 years! Services will be on Saturday--he'll be remembered for his generosity and gentle heart. And the root beer barrels and Werther's he kept in his pockets, ready to share! Anyway, I may be a little busy the next couple days, so the good pictures and happy updates will have to be put off a little longer.

Hug the people you love!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We are so glad everyone's OK. Like you said, the difficulty of not knowing the whereabouts of family members in a situation like this is painful. We were all very concerned, especially after leaving a voice mail on BJ's cell phone asking him to call us, and then never receiving a call.

Anyway, we are thankful everyone is fine. Our thoughts and prayers go out to those who have suffered the lose of a family member or friend in this terrible tragedy.