Thursday, May 24, 2007

Home at last! (And a happy birthday...)

Well, I'm sure you'll all be relieved to hear that Flora is at last in her new home. And as luck would have it, her insurance adjustor found that her home had appreciated significantly and she was actually able to upgrade to a larger place when she got the money from her claim! Lol...here she is getting settled.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

As if that wasn't boring enough...I know most of you won't be thrilled even a fraction as much as I am about this stuff, but I'm posting it anyway. Here's the result of my happy birthday!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Uh huh!! An IRON!!! With a retractable cord! My old iron had a short in the cord--it would only stay hot if the cord was in exactly the right position. Very annoying if you're doing something like piecing a quilt...nothing quite like waiting for the iron to re-heat every time you need to press a little 2 inch seam. So that was happy birthday item #1...here's happy birthday item #2:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Woot woot! It's a Singer serger! Now I can finish my seams as professionally as any you'd see in a store! I'm still figuring out all the knobs and doo-dads on it, but have a couple projects waiting in the wings! Ok, now the most beautiful happy birthday item of all!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

That's fabric. I've drooled over those prints online for months and months, finally picked some up at a little quilt shop Bj let me stop at on my birthday!! They're going into a little throw quilt for me to look at every day. Thank you, Husband for listening to all my extremely un-subtle hints and getting me exactly what I love for my birthday!

"What?", you say, "Where are the babies??!!" Sorry...Flora and I hogged this post. And I realized I haven't taken any pics of the kids this week. Give me a day or 2.

Hope you all are having a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Karolyn said...

Man I'm jelous! I'd love a serger...been sewing a little as you can see on my blog, and really wish I could finish those seams better. And the fabric is so-o yummy. And btw, Happy Belated Birthday. K is ragging on me to get you something. LOL...Love, Pug

We're Bj and Ruthie said...

Come use it anytime! And tell K I have all I need. :o)