Thursday, February 7, 2008

Dress: Take 2 and Banner: Take 34. Or 35.

Yeah, yeah, a new banner.

And the second version of this pattern for Abs. I have to say, I prefer the short sleeved version 100%. The long sleeves make it a little...potato sackish or something to me. But--just when I thought this pattern couldn't get any easier, using a little quilt binding to finish the bottom hem shortened the process again--woot! It smacks 2 birds with one stone--makes a cute little trim and cuts out the need to turn, press and stitch a hem! Any time we can cut out an ironing session is OK by me! Abby likes it anyway, which I guess is the important thing, but on out, I'll stick with the short sleeves.







This morning the trees are coated in sparkly frost--it was softly snowing, so peacefully. No one else was up yet, so I was able to enjoy a cup of tea in silence while admiring the trees in all their formal attire...

No comments: