Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sprucing the place up a bit!

Like our new blog banner? Lol--it needs a little work, but I think I'm heading the right direction...I can't get too fancy, because I don't have any schmantzy editing programs, so for now, this is almost as good as it gets. I say almost, because I'm missing borders around my pictures...the banner is a tad too short for the "header" border, so it looked funky...feeling a little lazy, I just removed the borders rather than editing the banner to fit.

Anyway,

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!
to our Grandmama, Blue Grandma, Pink Grandma, Mimi and all you other wonderful moms in our lives. Looks like I changed my font...that's alright, I like this one ok. Well, we're celebrating Mother's day with panache! We caught a delightful stomach flu bug yesterday...BJ and I have both spent the day paying homage at the porcelain throne, while Alex burns through the diapers. Abby seems untouched, knock on wood! So, no breakfast in bed today, thanks!
Well, lets see...kids have been loving the summer weather--spending hours a day on the porch, playing outside at Pink Grandma's and Grandmama's, and getting worn out at parks!
Friday was my mom's birthday--the fam congregated for steaks on the grill, twice baked potatoes, strawberry walnut salad, cake and ice cream. Mmmm...good food. Happy 61st, Mom! Abby was concerned about the birthday present situation...what's a birthday without a bright, sparkly pile of gifts to open?? What good is a gift card?
Grandpa put up a new swing for the grandkids--it's a hit with all! I took pictures, but non of them turned out--it was getting dark, so there's not much to see in them. I'll get some day time pics later! (I'm having a rough time to get this font the right color!! Gar!)
Yesterday we spent the day at Grandmama's mowing the lawn and playing outside...


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The kids love all the space to run out at Grandmama's. They love driving their car, digging, (Abby helps Grandma in the garden--she says, "We gotta get all these weeds out of here!) and just running. Abby actually fell asleep at 5 pm yesterday and slept through the night! Poor tired girl...I'm not complaining though! Alex can't wait for the day that he's big enough to drive! He climbs in the little car and will sit, waiting for Abby to give him a ride. He's even willing to put his very life into her hands for a ride...she's got the gas pedal down, but steering is another story, lol! Grandmama can pick up her lawn chair and move pretty quickly when Abby's coming 'round the mountain, lol! Bj needs to install a horn.

Alex and his bouncy balls are getting a little out of control...poor Flora was a victim of his ball slinging habits this week...she's temporarily residing in one of my glass measuring cups while she waits for her home owner's insurance to process her claim. Here he is apologizing for his indiscretion...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Bj? Well, business is good. Contractors are sending jobs everyday, and he and Jon are working hard, long days. It's a good thing, but I miss having him around. On Sunday Bj will be ordained and set in place as Assistant Pastor at our church. Our pastor feels Bj is already functioning in this role and would like to recognize and formalize the position. So I'm a pastor's wife? I haven't quite wrapped my mind around it, but I'll get there.

And me? Oh a lot of this...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And sewing, which I've been enjoying SO much! Tired of losing my scissors and rotary cutter, I whipped up a little craft apron...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And these, which will be up for sale in a little online baby bedding and accessory store my friend Michelle and I are working on...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I'll post a link when things get better looking...it's still not quite all put together...but here's a little taste!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Blogger is giving me fits today, and I smell Alex again,so...that's it for now! Bear with me on the huge pictures...I resized them, but I suppose it will just take a bit for it to happen. Everyone have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What's the blue and pink grandma thing?

We're Bj and Ruthie said...

Abby started calling them "Blue Grandma" and "Pink Grandma"--for a long time we couldn't figure out how they earned those names. One day she and I were looking at pictures from the day she was born--my mom was wearing a pink shirt and Wanita was wearing a blue shirt! So she decided they were Pink Grandma and Blue Grandma, lol! Smart cookie.