Thursday, March 22, 2007

These Fat Feet

Alex does a funny thing with his toes while he's in his chair eating. He curls all his little toes down and points his big toe up...I took a pic for posterity.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

While I was studying his fat feet (that give me trouble finding shoes to fit) I realized that these soft, squishy, cute little things are going to carry him his entire life. Wonder where? Will they carry him up a mountain? Or across continents? Or maybe they'll hold him while he receives diplomas or performs surgeries. They could carry him into battles for our country. Wherever they take him, I can be assured they'll probably carry him pretty far from me eventually...guess I have to trust they'll remember their way back.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

To steer my mind away from pre-empty nest syndrome, I started thinking of things I won't miss when the kids are grown. Like unrolled rolls of toilet paper. My Tupperware spread across the kitchen floor. Eating cold meals and having to enjoy hurried treats in hiding. And this:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Mm hm, that's under the couch cushions. Gross.

Something else I decided I needed to capture for posterity is the post-nap snuggles. Alex usually wakes from his nap first--I'll ask him, "Should we wake up Abby?" He trots off to find her, climbs on her and starts giving her kisses and hugs.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

She's NEVER woken up grouchy to Alex loves! Without opening her eyes, she reaches for him and they turn into a giggly, squirmy pile of arms and legs. (Until someone gets knocked off the bed or they conk heads.)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In honor of the first day of spring, I picked up a $3.88 bouquet of flowers from WalMart. They're not much, but even a little spot of green is so good this time of year. The flowers are ok, but I'm more thrilled about the bright green stems--they look so fresh and clean!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The sun was bright and warm today, would have been a wonderful day for a park if we hadn't been busy cleaning Cheerios and raisins out of the couch cushions, lol. Hope your feet are taking you good places this week!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cute. Rumor has it Grandpa does the same thing with his toes when he's laying on the couch. Must be a comfort thing?

We're Bj and Ruthie said...

Lol...what? In a hurry Rob? You forgot to delete your post!? ;)

Unknown said...

HA HA HA, very funny. Maybe I didn't send the first one....

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.