Sunday, April 1, 2007

It's April, the first real spring month! It's raining, raining, raining...it feels like weeks and weeks of wet, drizzly weather. I think it's really only been a week or so, but the damp and dark feels never ending! We're all so antsy to see some sun. We're in a picture slump too, which I'm also blaming on the lack of sun, lol!! Abby's taken to turning her head and refusing to look at the camera whenever it comes out, and Alex...well, Alex just doesn't stay in one place long enough. And there's been NO sun. So, sorry the pictures are probably all a little gray, and there are no big Abby smiles, but here they are!

Despite the grisly weather, we've gotten to get to Como Zoo twice in the last little while! The first time was with Karolyn, Jon and Kristine. We all had a great time, since we don't get to see them as often as we'd like. Abby loves her cousin Kristine, and Alex loves Auntie Pug, because she smooches all over him and will hold him as long as he wants her to! The weather was cold and windy, so it was a little bit of a rushed zoo trip...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Hehe...see? I told you pictures are lacking lately! Despite my supposed smile inducing antics, no one would look at me or smile, lol! Oh well, you can get the idea...

Since we're talking cousins here, here's a "Holla" to cousin V!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Ok, back to the zoo!! Our second trip to the zoo was with our buds Jon, Michelle, Ezra and Tirzah! The weather was warmer, but still overcast and drizzly...

Did I mention Grandpa Rob was able to make it to the zoo with us? He graciously posed for pictures...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ok, not really, I'm just "monkeying around"! *groooaaan* (Actually, Bj was the one who said, "Hey, the title of this picture should be 'Alex and Grandpa'!" so kudos to him for the lame humor.)

Is it? Could it be? I think...wait, yes! It's an "almost smile"!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ok, more of a "If I give mom this lame fake smile, maybe she'll just take the picture and leave me alone" kind of smile, lol!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Abby was so much fun at the zoo! She loves seeing the animals! She talked about how big they were, told us who was the mommy monkey and who was the daddy monkey, barked like a seal, made "fishy lips", and repeated, "Come on mommy, let's see more animals!" fifty thousand times.

Well, there's more to add, but it's getting late, so it's quits for now. But before I go, does anyone have any idea why Wanita can't see the pictures here? Is it the picture host I use? I tried switching from Photobucket to Snapfish, but didn't like it much, and I think they wanted me to pay for good quality (correct me if I'm wrong?), and I'm just plain cheap. Help poor Grandma show the babies off at work!

Happy April, and I hope you all have a wonderful week full of lots of aping around! (Rob, you might want to make a visit to your man spa...from the looks of the zoo pics your eyebrows need a wax...)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, those pics of me came out great! I didn’t realize I looked that good after my hair transplant. And man have I bulked up, I guess all that working out has really paid off. Sorry I haven’t responded earlier to the post, but I was letting my knuckles heal a bit (you know, dragging on the ground all the time, they get sore).

Love you guys,
Dad