Saturday, December 8, 2007

Woot!

Woot, lookie here! I found a moment, sitting in front of my computer, with a charging part thingy plugged into the wall and working ok, with nothing else that HAS to be done exactly this moment! Like the new look of the blog? I'm not sure about it-a little...plain or blah or something--I'm sure I'll change it out again before too long.
So, I know I won't have time to do a full run-down right now, so catching up will have to happen in bits and parts over the next little while.

Thanksgiving! Our annual pilgrimage to Abilene usually includes a trip to Abilene Zoo...we say hi to the flamingos...

(Aren't these pics of the fam walking together fun? I'm sure I've got 500 that all look the same...)

Happy Thanksgiving Mr. Bear!


Gotta pay a visit to the stars of the show, the giraffes...SO fun to feed them! Abby's not brave enough, but lucky for her she's got a brother who fears nothing! She handed him the crackers and he poked his little hand through the fence with the offering...out came the loooong black tongue, and the squeals and giggles started. Alex got a giraffe kiss a time or 2...Abby would say, "Here Alex! Do it again, here's another cracker!"


Happy Thanksgiving, Giraffes!
We tried to feed the ducks, but this is what we found:
FISH! Apparently they figured out how the ducks were getting so fat and came looking for their fair share of hook-free food. Gross. I've never seen so many fish in the same place before, and being so weird! There were hundreds of them--these pics aren't even getting them all.

And that was our Abilene Zoo Trip of '07! I'll be back with the rest of the trip and other odds and ends! I hope you're all enjoying your weekend!

No comments: